Jingyi (Jane) Jia
Member of the Faculty Since: 2006
Ph.D., Temple University, 2006
M.A., Fudan University, 1999
B.A., Shanghai Jiaotong University, 1996
- Office: Alumni Hall-3135
- Office Phone: (618) 650-2980
- Fax: (618) 650-3047
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance 320: Financial Management &Decision Making
- Finance 440: Financial Institutions
- “Institutional Ownership Stability and BHC Performance” with Elyas Elyasiani, Journal of Banking and Finance Volume 32, Issue 9, September 2008, Pages 1767-1781
- “Distribution of Institutional Ownership and Corporate Firm Performance” with Elyas Elyasiani, Journal of Banking and Finance, Volume 34, Issue 3, March 2010, Pages 606-620
- “Institutional Ownership, Managerial Ownership and Dividend Policy in Bank Holding Companies” with Yuan Wen, International Journal of Accounting, Banking and Finance, Volume. 2, No. 1, Spring 2010, Page 8-21
- “Institutional Ownership Stability and the Cost of Debt” with Elyas Elyasiani and Connie X. Mao, Journal of Financial Markets, Volume 13, Issue 4, November 2010, Pages 475-500
- “Performance Persistence of Closed-end Funds” with Elyas Elyasiani, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, forthcoming
- "Institutional Ownership Stability and Risk Taking: Evidence from the Life-Health Insurance Industry" with Jiang Cheng and Elyas Elyasiani, Journal of Risk and Insurance, forthcoming
Prior to joining the SIUE faculty, Dr. Jia taught financial markets and institutions at Temple University.
Dr. Jia’s research interests include institutional ownership and financial institutions. She is working on the influence of institutional ownership on firm performance and the cost of debt in both corporate and financial firms. She is also interested in risk management and regulation of financial institutions.
Dr. Jia is a member of Financial Management Association and Eastern Finance Association.