Member of the Faculty Since: 2010
Ph.D., University of Alabama. 2008M.B.A., Texas Tech University, 2003
B. S., Fudan University, 1999Office: Alumni Hall-3147
Office Phone: (618) 650-5195
Fax: (618) 650-3047
• Finance 420: Problems in Corporate Finance
• Finance 460: Corporate Financial Analysis & Strategy
• “Executive Stock Option Exercise and Seasoned Equity” (With Brandon N. Cline), forthcoming at Financial Management.
• “Exercises of Executive Stock Options on the Vesting Date” (With James A. Ligon), forthcoming at Financial Management.
• “Day-of-the-week Effect in the SEO Discount” (With Travis L. Jones and Tian Tang), Managerial Finance, Vol. 35, No. 1, 2009, 48-62.
• “Lease Financing and Corporate Governance” (With Sara H. Robicheaux and James A. Ligon), Financial Review, Vol. 43, No. 3, 2008, 403-437.
• “Convertible Debt Use and Corporate Governance” (With Sara H. Robicheaux and James A. Ligon), Quarterly Journal of Business and Economics (currently Quarterly Journal of Finance and Accounting), Vol. 46, No. 3, 2007, 65-94.
Prior to joining the SIUE faculty, Dr. Fu taught at Eastern Kentucky University, California State University – Fresno, and University of Alabama.
Dr. Fu’s current research interests focus on the corporate finance areas. He is working on the effects of CEO incentive compensation on the earnings management. He is also interested in equity offerings, insider trading, capital structure, and corporate governance.
Dr. Fu is a member of Financial Management Association and American Finance Association.