R U READY 4 IT?
Click Ben to find out!
In order to obtain authorization to download software, your instructor must provide your name and student number and SIUE email address to Dr. Douglas Bock, for he is the administrator for this process. When your instructor tells you that you have been authorized to download software from the MSDNAA site, you should receive an email message from email@example.com giving you a username and password.
1. Create a new, empty folder on your computer to store the software taht you arer going to download, e.g. c:\temp\downloads.
2. Use a web browser (this site is best used with Internet Explorer) and go to the following website: http://msdn05.e-academy.com/siue_cmis .
3. Choose Log In on the left side of screen.
4. After your instructor approved your use of this site to be able to download software, you should have received an email message from firstname.lastname@example.org giving you a username and password. Use the information to log in and click the "Log Me In!" link.
5. Click on Software.
6. Choose the Microsoft product you wish to download.
7. Click on the "Get It!" button.
8. Click on the Next button.
9. Read the agreement, scroll down, and click on the "I Agree" button.
10. Complete your first name, last name and email address. Select or deselect “Send me updates" checkbox. Click on "Install Now!" button.
11. Click the "Yes" button to continue with your order.
12. This screenprovides you with the Serial Number of the Microsoft product that you will use during installation. Copy it or print the page-this is important. For some products, Microsoft will email your serial number/product Key. You will not be able to install the software without this Serial Number. Once you have the serial number, scroll down, and click on either Dial-Up Users, Click Here for Additional Instructions, or Download Software.
13. You will be prompted to Open, Save, Cancel, or More Info. Choose the "Save" button.
14. Change the "Save in" location to the folder that you created in step one above, and then click the "Save" button. The software will begin downloading.
15. Once the download is complete, use "My Computer" to navigate to the folder you downloaded the software to in the above step and double-click the downloaded file to begin unpacking the software.
16. You can unpack the software to the same folder you used to download. Type the full locaton where you want the software to be unpacked to and click on the "Continue" button.
17. Wait while your software unpacks.
18. After the software unpacks, you are required to click the "Launch Install" button.
19. If the setup does not start automatically, double-click on the setup.exe file located in the folder you used to unpack in step # 16. When you install the software, follow the prompts and choose a custom installation so you can select the “Run All From My Computer” option as you will not have a disk to restore or repair the software. If the download is listed as an ISO type, double-click on the .iso file to create a CD. You will need a CD drive capable of burning CD's to do this.
If you have problems with your download or install, contact the administrator, Dr. Douglas Bock, by email at email@example.com.