Instructions to Download Microsoft Software
*Before you can download software, you must have the consent of your instructor. Remember,
this is authorized for your educational use only!*
distribute or make illegal copies of this software!
For a step by step guide to the
download process, click
- Create a new, empty folder to store the downloaded software.
- Through your browser (best with Internet Explorer), go to the following Web site:
- Choose Log In (left side of screen):
- User name = complete SIUE e-mail address (e.g., email@example.com)
- Password = provided to you by Microsoft
- Choose Software, the Microsoft product you wish to download, Get It!, Next, "I Agree," complete your first and last name, deselect "Send me updates …," Install Now!, Yes continue with order.
- Copy down your Product Key/Serial Number!!! Choose Download Software, save to the new folder you created. If you are not provided the Product Key/Serial Number during the download process, you will receive an email from Microsoft with the required product key.
- Go to folder where you downloaded software. Double-click the Downloader to begin downloading and unpacking. Change to folder where you downloaded the file and choose Continue. Then you are required to click the Launch Install button. If SetUp does not start automatically, double-click on Setup.exe in your folder. Follow the prompts to finish installation, choosing a custom installation so you can select to "Run All From My Computer" (you will not have a disk to restore or repair the software!).