The SIUE School of Business will be a nationally recognized premier metropolitan business school that develops highly skilled and innovative graduates who enhance businesses organizations and communities.
Our mission in the SIUE School of Business is to engage in high-quality instruction, research, and professional activities to prepare current and future business professionals and to improve business practice. These efforts add value: for students, by enhancing their career prospects; for organizations, by developing business professionals who meet their needs and stimulate innovation; and for business disciplines, by producing and disseminating timely and relevant scholarship.
We are committed to:
- providing a leading-edge environment for educating undergraduate, graduate and continuing education students that fosters creativity, critical thinking, ethical behavior, and an appreciation of globalization and diversity.
- developing and sustaining partnerships with businesses and the regional community that lead to professional opportunities for students, alumni, faculty, and regional constituents.
- offering programs responsive to the needs of our key stakeholders.
- fostering a vibrant regional economy through the exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- maintaining a highly competent administrative and support staff.
- developing and retaining a high-quality faculty whose members strive for excellence, are current in their fields and make scholarly contributions through discipline-based, applied and pedagogical research.
Approved by faculty vote 2/25/10