The Library and Liberal Arts Building at Yeditepe University
All participants will be housed in very comfortable and modern university residences, hosted by Yeditepe University.
Students will live in double-occupancy dorm rooms, with private bathroom facilities. When possible, SIUE students will share rooms; but depending upon the number of SIUE students traveling with our group, students may share a room with another student attending Yeditepe University. Single-occupancy rooms are available at an extra cost (see Costs and Payment Schedule).
Each room includes two twins beds, two desks, a mini-fridge, telephone, wireless internet connection, and private bathroom. Linens and towels are provided. One per week your room will be cleaned by Yeditepe University staff.
The university also provides laundry service in the dorms. Students must purchase their own laundry detergent. University staff will wash your clothing for a nominal fee.
Yeditepe University offers many amenities for students including: several affordable and restaurants; a café; a mini-mart; a full service bank and ATM machines; medical clinic; athletic facilities (basketball and tennis courts, plus a swimming pool); on campus bus service; library; and computer lab with internet access. SIUE students have full access to these facilities.
The Law Building (left) and the Student Union (right) – Yeditepe University
To and From Istanbul:
• Roundtrip airfare from St. Louis to Istanbul is included in the cost of the program. These arrangements will be made after March 1, 2009.
• Students must provide their own transportation to and from St. Louis Lambert International Airport.
• Transportation to and from Istanbul Airport is provided by our host institution, Yeditepe University.
• Students will receive an Akbil, the Istanbul Public Transit Pass, with enough credit for roundtrip transportation to all sit visits.
• This pass is valid on all public transit systems in Istanbul including the bus and the ferry systems.
• Students may add additional credit to account for their independent transportation within Istanbul during their free time.
Every day begins and ends with a relaxing ferry ride across the Bosphorus. SIUE Istanbul 2007 Alum Matthew Bernstein does his best Leonardo DiCaprio impersonation.