SIUE Suzuki Strings Program
Edwardsville, IL 62026
General Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
SIUE Master of Music Degree with an emphasis in Suzuki Pedagogy
A brief outline of the Master's in Music Degree with an emphasis in Suzuki Pedagogy:
1. Teaching assignments and academic schedule
a. Each Graduate Assistant teaches 14 private students weekly, plus two hours of Saturday group teaching each week.
The weekly schedule also includes
1. A weekly master class.
2. Three hours per week of Suzuki Pedagogy
3. SIUE Orchestra
4. Required and elective courses.
5. The degree awarded may be a Master of Music in Performance or a Master of Music in Education with an emphasis in Suzuki Pedagogy
6. Registration of Suzuki Books 1-10 is arranged with the Suzuki Association of the Americas for either degree you choose.
1. Graduate students are paid for any lessons that are taught beyond their requirement of 14 per week
2. Graduate students are actively involved in playing gigs in the area to earn extra money. Many weddings and receptions are booked through Suzuki Program office.
3. Graduate Assistants are granted a waiver of tuition
Questions about admission to SIUE Graduate School should be directed to Dr. Marc Schapman at email@example.com
Please feel free to call at any time with questions. 618-650-2839
Vera McCoy-Sulentic, Director, SIUE Suzuki.........618-650-2839
Audrey Tallant, Chair of the Music Dept…………..618-650-3900
Graduate Advisor in Music……………..618-650-3900
SIUE SUZUKI PROGRAM
BOX 1771 SIUE
EDWARDSVILLE, IL 62026
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 618-650-5988