Equipment Funding: $3 million
From the most basic equipment needs such as computers, desks and wet labs to the purchase of highly sophisticated scientific equipment, donors will find numerous opportunities to support the new building.
Your support is needed to completely outfit laboratories and classrooms with equipment such as
- DNA sequencers that enable gene investigations at the molecular level to understand how various species adapt and develop in the environment
- Instrumentation to detect chemicals such as pharmaceuticals and pesticides in soils, water, air and tissues
- Nuclear magnetic resonance equipment to understand the structures of naturally occurring and synthetic chemicals
- Inverted microscopes and fluorescent microscopes for visualizing and recording images of cells
- Dissecting scopes and balances for the study of plant systems, plant taxonomy, plant anatomy and plant tissue culture propagation and genetic modification of plants
- Ultra-pure water system for conducting experiments
- ACE (Ash-Dome) automation package; weather station integrated into the system for Physics Astronomy Observatory
A complete listing of equipment needs with corresponding gift opportunities can be provided by the College of Arts and Sciences at (618) 650-5048.
Or Download a Pledge/Gift Form to mail or feel free to contact us.