The application deadline for fall admission to the Art Therapy Counseling Program is February 1 of the preceding academic year. In order to ensure a quality program with individualized instruction, only 10 students will be accepted into the program each fall.
In order to receive more information about this program or the admissions process.
Please contact: Shelly Robinson, Coordinator of Graduate Recruitment at: email@example.com
In addition to the general admission requirements of the Graduate School, an applicant must hold a baccalaureate degree in art studio, art education, psychology, or a related field. Prior to admission prospective students must show evidence of having completed 18 hours of art studio, 3 hours of art therapy or art education, and 12 hours of psychology, including developmental and abnormal psychology, and one course in statistics. Applicants with deficiencies will be required to take prerequisite course work before classified status is approved.
Program applicants should end the following to:
Graduate Admissions, Box 1047
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville, IL 62026-1047:
• Application form (obtained from Graduate School or apply online)
• $30 Application fee
• Official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities, sent directly from the college
• CD of 12-15 jpeg images of personal artwork (please include printouts of images)
• 500 word Statement of Intent
• 3 letters of recommendation from professional or academic references (there is no set form)
• Scores from the Miller's Analogy Test
• Statement of Intent (500 words or fewer)
All applications will initially be reviewed by faculty. Finalists will be asked to attend a two-day group interview with faculty and current students.
Coordinator of Graduate Recruitment: Shelly Robinson at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Director: Fall 2012 contact Gussie (Patricia) Klorer at: email@example.com
Beginning Spring 2013 Shelly Goebl-Parker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary Department of Art and Design:
Shiwand Thomas: email@example.com or
Tonya Wagner: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is February 1.