Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Logo
Apply to SIUE
Advising Header

I want to change my major

It is not unusual for a student to change his or her mind about a major after being a student at SIUE for a semester or more.

If you have declared a major but are now considering a new or different major, you will need to un-declare before meeting with an advisor in the Student Success Center.

visit the express adviser during regular office hours for quick questions or to undeclare

access a curriculum guide for the new major you want to pursue

If you are unsure about the major you want to pursue, you may want to:

Visit the Career Development Center (SSC 0281) or call 650-3708 to make an appointment to take interest and personality inventories, as well as discuss new and exciting majors that could be a good fit for you!

Make an appointment on GradesFirst to see an Advisor and to learn about degree requirements for new majors you are considering.

What else can my academic advisor do for me?

facebookoff twitteroff vineoff linkedinoff flickeroff instagramoff googleplusoff tumblroff socialoff