SIUE Group Visits
Group Visits are a great opportunity for grade school, middle school, high school and community college groups to become introduced to Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. The visit will begin with an Admission Presentation provided by an Admission Counselor followed by a campus tour led by an Office of Admissions Tour Ambassador.
Group Visits for fall 2016 are now available.
Please carefully read the information below pertaining to our Group Visit Process.
Group Visit Options
- High School Group Visit
- Groups Visits for High School students will consist of a 30-minute presentation from an Admission Counselor followed by a 1-hour walking tour of campus led by an Office of Admissions Tour Ambassador.
- Community College/Transfer Student Group Visit
- Group Visits for Transfer Students will consist of a 30-minute Transfer Presentation from an Admission Counselor followed by a 1-hour walking tour of campus led by an Office of Admissions Tour Ambassador.
Group Tour Availability
- High School Group Visits
- Groups Visits for High School Groups are offered on Tuesday's and Thursday's at
- Community College Group Visits
- Community College Group Visits will be offered on Tuesday's and Thursday's at
- The facilities at SIUE are designed to hold smaller class sizes and allow for more personalized and individualized attention from faculty and staff. SIUE is known for our small class sizes and our access to faculty. Therefore, we are only able to accommodate a total of 50 students. If you plan to bring a group larger than 50 students, please contact the Office of Admissions at (618) 650-3705 at least four weeks prior to your planned Group Visit. We will do our best to be able to accommodate your group.
Scheduling a Group Visit
- Please allow our office a minimum of three weeks to best accommodate your Group Visit into our schedule. Our Group Visits are schedule on a first-come, first-served basis. If you schedule your Group Visit within three weeks, your visit may be modified from our original Group Visits or we might not be able to accommodate your group.
- To schedule your Group Visit, please contact Ryan Downey, Assistant Director of Admissions at email@example.com or (618) 650-2679.
Preparing for Your Group Visit
- Arriving Late
- An Office of Admissions Tour Ambassador that is a current SIUE student will lead your campus tour, so your timely arrival is much appreciated. The Office of Admissions Tour Ambassadors are volunteers and their time may be limited to the 1-hour walking tour based on their class schedule. Please note that if you will be arriving late, we may need to adjust your visit.
- If you are arriving to campus on a bus, please plan to drop your group off at the Hairpin Drive and have the bus park in Lot P10. For a complete campus map and directions to campus, visit www.siue.edu/maps.
Dining on Campus
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide meals for your Group Visit. Dining on campus in our Morris University Center (MUC) will need to be on your own. For more information regarding dining on campus, visit www.siue.edu/muc/dining.
Canceling Your Group Visit
- Please contact Ryan Downey, Assistant Director of Admissions at (618) 650-2679 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule your visit. Each spring, multiple groups would like to visit our beautiful campus and schedule a Group Visit, your cancellation may allow for another group to visit.
We Look Forward to Hosting Your Group on Campus Soon!