SIUE Group Visits
Group Visits are a great opportunity for grade school, middle school, high school and community college groups to become introduced to Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. The visit will begin with an Admission Presentation provided by an Admission Counselor followed by a campus tour led by an Office of Admissions Tour Ambassador.
Group Visits for spring and summer 2015 are now full. Registration for Group Visits in fall 2015 will be available in mid-August.
Please carefully read the information below pertaining to our Group Visit Process.
Group Visit Options
- Middle School - Junior High School Group Visit
- Group Visits for Middle School and Junior High School students will consist of a 30-minute presentation from an Admission Counselor followed by a 45-minute walking tour of campus led by an Office of Admissions Tour Ambassador. This tour will not include University Housing.
- High School Group Visit
- Groups Visits for High School students will consist of a 30-minute presentation from an Admission Counselor followed by a 1-hour walking tour of campus led by an Office of Admissions Tour Ambassador.
- Community College/Transfer Student Group Visit
- Group Visits for Transfer Students will consist of a 30-minute Transfer Presentation from an Admission Counselor followed by a 1-hour walking tour of campus led by an Office of Admissions Tour Ambassador. The tour will include Evergreen Hall. Cougar Village Apartments will be available upon request.
Group Tour Availability
- Middle School - Junior High School Group Visit
- Group Visits for Middle School and Junior High School students will not be offered for the spring 2015 academic term. At this time, the Office of Admissions will not be able to accommodate these groups as we are experiencing higher demands from students planning to enroll for fall 2015.
- High School Group Visits
- Groups Visits for High School Groups are offered Monday's and Wednesday's at 10:15 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. and Friday's at 10:15 .
- Community College Group Visits
- Community College Group Visits will be offered on Monday's and Friday's 12:00-2:00 p.m. Cougar Village Apartments will be available upon request.
- Group Visits are not available on the following dates:
- Monday, March 2, 2015 (Spring Visit Day)
- Monday, March 9 - Friday March 15, 2015 (Spring Break)
- Thursday, March 26, 2015 (Transfer Visit Day)
- Thursday, April 23, 2015 (Transfer Visit Day)
- Monday, May 4 - Friday, May 8, 2015 (Final Exams)
- The facilities at SIUE are designed to hold smaller class sizes and allow for more personalized and individualized attention from faculty and staff. SIUE is known for our small class sizes and our access to faculty. Therefore, we are only able to accommodate a total of 50 students. If you plan to bring a group larger than 50 students, please contact the Office of Admissions at (618) 650-3705 at least four weeks prior to your planned Group Visit. We will do our best to be able to accommodate your group.
Scheduling a Group Visit
- Please allow our office a minimum of three weeks to best accommodate your Group Visit into our schedule. Our Group Visits are schedule on a first-come, first-served basis. If you schedule your Group Visit within three weeks, your visit may be modified from our original Group Visits or we might not be able to accommodate your group.
Preparing for Your Group Visit
- Arriving Late
- An Office of Admissions Tour Ambassador that is a current SIUE student will lead your campus tour, so your timely arrival is much appreciated. The Office of Admissions Tour Ambassadors are volunteers and their time may be limited to the 1-hour walking tour based on their class schedule. Please note that if you will be arriving late, we may need to adjust your visit.
- If you are arriving to campus on a bus, please plan to drop your group off at the Hairpin Drive and have the bus park in Lot P10. For a complete campus map and directions to campus, visit www.siue.edu/maps.
Dining on Campus
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide meals for your Group Visit. Dining on campus in our Morris University Center (MUC) will need to be on your own. For more information regarding dining on campus, visit www.siue.edu/muc/dining.
Canceling Your Group Visit
- Please contact Ryan Downey, Assistant Director of Admissions at (618) 650-2679 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule your visit. Each spring, multiple groups would like to visit our beautiful campus and schedule a Group Visit, your cancellation may allow for another group to visit.
All Other Requests
- Please feel free to contact Ryan Downey, Assistant Director of Admissions at (618) 650-2679 or email@example.com if you have any additional questions or requests.
We Look Forward to Hosting Your Group on Campus Soon!