February 14, 2002
The TLTR met on February 14, 2002. We reviewed last year's work; the
- A3 Faculty training and development.
- A4 Workload issues.
- A5 Faculty support.
- B2 Student assessment.
- B3 Student learning.
- D1 Newest equipment and pedagogy.
We also reviewed response reports on A3,
A4, A5 and D1 (see links, below). While we originally anticipated further
work on B2 and B3, the
given the overlap in the recommendations of these reports with A3-5, no further
work is needed by the Roundtable on these topics, with the recommendation
that B3 be taken up by the AQIP task force on student learning. The Steering
Group also reviewed other potential student issues remaining from the original
list of possible topics; the Group has suggested that it is appropriate to
ask the Curriculum Council to consider these. Given these decisions, this
was the final meeting of the Roundtable.
February 14th Agenda:
To be considered by other units:
- A3 (Faculty
Training and Development) and A5 (Key
Aspects of Providing Support to Faculty), presented by Jay Starratt
- A4 (Faculty Workload Issues), presented by Sharon Hahs
- D1 (Newest
pedagogical approaches, equipment, and software), presented by John
- Academic Computing Council's Response to D1
- B3 (Student Learning) given to AQIP task force on student learning
- Student technological competencies to Curriculum Council
Concluding the work of the Rountable