SIUE Chemistry Club
October 05, 2007
Dylan Downs – Vice President; Crystal Hise – Treasurer; Megan Muehlenfeld – Secretary; and Daniel Banks –
Dr. DeMeo and Dr. Wiediger.
- New meeting times for the Fall Semester are the 1st Friday at 2:00pm and the 3rd Thursday at 1:00 pm every
month starting in October.
- The Book/Bake sale was held earlier this week. Thanks to everyone who helped run it! We made $123.75!
- Trivia Night will be held Sunday, October 14, 2007, at Dr. Lindell’s house. Directions are posted on yahoo
groups. Come help us beat the other clubs!
- We are currently looking into tours at the Forensics Lab, Pfizer, and Sigma Aldridge. We are tentatively looking
at Friday, November 9, 2007. Let us know if you have any other ideas.
- We need to come up with a t-shirt design for the silk screening soon. We agreed on buying white ink. We
currently have black and maroon. We were unable to make a decision on the design, so we will hopefully have a
yahoo poll posted soon. We will get back to you with any information. No one seemed to be in favor of getting
professional t-shirts done this semester.
- There will be a Halloween party at Dr. Shaw’s on Friday, October 26, 2007 at 5:00 pm. Please sign up on the
Chemistry Club board which is located on the second floor of the science building by the labs. You may dress up
and there will be food!
- SIUE is hosting the Battle of the Burettes. It is a competition between high school students who compete for the
fastest and most accurate titrations. If you are interested in helping with the event, contact Dr. DeMeo.
- Just a CVS update… all of the groups now have an assigned schools and are beginning to go out on their first
- We will be holding a clothing and canned food drive the first week in November. The collected goods will be
donated to a selected charity.
- The next meeting will be held Thursday, October 18, 2007, at 1:00 pm.
- Something to think about – the Vadalabene Center will be closing in March. Do we want to have the Pentathlon
outside again? We could also have it in February. Or we could look into renting a place.
- The meeting was adjourned at 2:30 pm.