IMPACT - Faculty Research and Highlights
Neural network-based model predictive control (NN-MPC) process for closed-loop control of blood glucose level in diabetic rats on artificial pancreas systems (APS) - Dr. Ko
One of Dr. Lee’s recent research areas is to study the effect of obesity on heart disease
Dr. Onal (PI) submitted a research project proposal to NIH in June 2018.
- Gait Alterations in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder as Determined using a Motion Capture and Analysis System ($145,000)
Dr. Chen (PI) submitted a research project proposal to NSF in April 2018.
- CPS-Small: Data-driven Analytics through Improving Search ($307,000)
Dr. Lee (co-PI) submitted a research project proposal to NIH in January 2018.
- Model-based assessment of cardiac adipose tissue volume and distribution ($437,000)
Dr. Cho (PI) submitted a research project proposal to American Heart Association (AHA) in November 2017.
- Determining the mechanical components of endotracheal intubation that differentiate novice from expert providers ($21,000)
Drs. Ko (co-PI) and Lee (co-PI) submitted a research project proposal for SIU SOM/SIUE/SIUC Collaboration Support Grant in October 2017.
- Effect of Circadian Rhythm on Blood Glucose Levels of Diabetic Rats studied using the Rat Artificial Pancreas System ($20,000)
Drs. Onal (PI) and Cho (co-PI) have received NSF Award in September 2017.
- MRI: Acquisition of Motion Capture/Analysis System (MCAS) for Leading-edge Research and Teaching ($185,358)
Drs. Ko (co-PI) and Lee (co-PI) submitted a project proposal to NIH in June 2017
- A Feasibility Study of Developing Customized Algorithm for Artificial Pancreas System using a Rat Model ($433,500)
Dr. Lee (co-PI)'s project proposal to American Heart Association (AIREA) has been awarded in June 2017
- Volumetric Assessment of Epicardial Adipose Tissue Using Echocardiography ($77,000)
Dr. Onal's proposal for STEM Center Faculty Fellow for 2017-2018 was approved in May 2017
- Integration of Medical Device Design and Fabrication Projects in to the Industrial Engineering Curriculum through Collaborating with Industry Partners
Dr. Cho (co-PI) received Concept Development Award (SIU School of Medicine) in Aril 2017
- Novel Syringe System for Isolation of Lipoaspirate
Dr. Chen (co-PI) submitted NSF CPS (Cyber-Physical Systems) proposal in February 2017
- Ushering in the Smart and Autonomous Power Converters for Utility Power Grid
Dr. Onal (PI) submitted NSF MRI proposal in January 2017
- Acquisition of Motion Capture/Analysis System for Leading-Edge Research and Teaching ($185,358)
Dr. Chen submitted three proposals to NSF and DARPA.
- DARPA (PI): Improving Search for Detection of Adversarial Activities
- Collaborative Proposal (co-PI): Optimal Scheduling and Control of High Throughput Screening Systems in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (NSF/SMOR)
- Collaborative Proposal (co-PI): Job Market Dynamics in Engineering and Computer Science (EHR CORE)
Dr. Cho presented at 2016 SIU Technology and Innovation Expo.
- Novel Syringe for Isolating Lipoaspirate, October 2016, Chicago, IL
Dr. Eneyo presented his research work at a national conference.
- IISE Engineering Lean & Six Sigma Conference 2016, September 2016, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Ko presented his research work supported by SIUE ART Grant at a national conference.
- Glucose Prediction in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus by Artificial Neural Networks, IISE Annual Conference & Expo, May 2016, Anaheim, CA.
Dr. Lee teaches off-campus courses on Unigraphics NX and CATIA to Boeing engineers at Boeing.
Dr. Onal received SIUE STEP 2017 Award
- STEP Project (PI): Comparative Analysis of the Peripapillary Outer Retinal Layer for Diagnosis of Glaucoma, August 2016 - July 2017
Dr. Onal submitted NSF SCH proposal and internal proposal for NSF MRI.
- NSF SCH (PI), INT: Collaborative Research: Development of a Prediction System for Preventive Diagnosis of Multi-stage Glaucoma
- NSF MRI Internal Proposal (PI), Acquisition of Motion Capture/Analysis System (MCAS) for Leading-edge Research and Teaching
IE PhD student, Ali Panahi successfully defended his doctoral dissertation research in October 2016 (Advisor: Dr. Cho).
Parisa Jannatifard presented her research at a national conference: An Inventory Model with Fuzzy Demand in a Two-Echelon Supply Chain Management: Drug Distribution in Hospital Pharmacy, INFORMS 2016, November 2016, Nashville, TN (Advisor: Dr. Emmanuel Eneyo)
Cem Yaba presented his research at a national conference: Sensitivity Analysis for Designing Head Alignment Device for Dental Patients during Cone Beam Computer Tomography, 2016 BMES Conference, October 2016, Minneapolis, MN (Advisor: Dr. Sinan Onal)
Senior design teams from TongMyong University (Korea) presented their designs in IE375 (Instructor: Dr. Lee).