Dr. Ko is an Associate Professor of Industrial Engineering at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. He received his Ph.D. degree from School of
Industrial Engineering at Purdue University. Dr. Ko’s current research interests
span data analytics and statistical/machine learning for intelligent systems,
modeling and control of biomedical systems such as artificial pancreas systems,
and collaborative control of manufacturing & service systems based on IT/IoT
such as RFID and wireless sensor networks.
Areas of Expertise
- Ph.D. Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN,
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Seoul National University, South Korea, 2003.
- B.S. Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University,
South Korea, 1999.
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning for Intelligent Systems
- Modeling and Predictive Control of Artificial Pancreas Systems
- Collaborative Control of Manufacturing & Service Systems with IT/IoT
- Statistics, Design and Analysis of Experiments, and Simulation
- IE 335 Introduction to Information Processing Systems
- IE/ECE 427 Knowledge-Based Systems
- IE 464 / STAT 481 Design and Analysis of Experiments with Applications to Science and Engineering
- IE 468 / OR 442 Operations Research - Simulation
- IE 484 Facilities Planning
- IE 527 Intelligent Engineering Systems
- IE 528 Data Analytics and Mining
- IE 583 Supply Chain Logistics Systems