The University provides on-campus housing for approximately
2,800 students in four different facilities: Prairie Residence Hall, Woodland
Residence Hall, Bluff Hall (opened in fall 2001) and the apartments at Cougar
Prairie Residence Hall is reserved for first-year students
typically 18-20 years of age. Facilities and services in Prairie Hall are
geared toward helping the new student succeed in the college environment.
Bluff Hall houses all levels of undergraduate students. It features Focused Interest Communities (FICs), where
students can choose to live in a specially designed academic environment with
those of similar interests.
Woodland Hall is home to all levels of undergraduates, and the Service Matters Focused Interest Community.
All three residence halls are designed to provide students
with a comfortable, friendly environment that aids in their academic and social
- living units arranged in four-person clusters of two
double rooms and a bath
- computer mainframe access from all rooms
- monitored central entryways with alarm and exterior
- study and social lounges on each wing
- on-site 24-hour computer lab
- expanded basic cable television and active telephone jack
available in each room
- staff on-call 24 hours per day.
The apartments at Cougar Village are home to all levels of
students except traditional freshmen. Families also reside in separate
buildings in the complex. Three or four single students usually share a two- or
- Single student apartments are fully furnished and include
a full kitchen. Most have patios or balconies.
- Family apartments are available furnished or
- Included in the contract payment: gas, electric, water,
trash, an active telephone jack, and expanded basic cable television. All
apartments are air-conditioned.
- Bus service to central campus available free of charge.
Off-campus transportation available for nominal fee.
- Complex also includes a Commons Building with
laundry facilities, a computer lab, convenience
store/grill, and social lounge; outdoor recreation
areas; laundry facilities; children's playground; and
Family Resource Center.
The apartments at Cougar Village recently underwent