Description of Program

 Uniqueness of PSM

 Program of Study

 Biology Program

 Admission Requirements

 Graduate Student Support

 Biology Dept. Home

 

 

Biology Program

Personal attention and career opportunities are features of the SIUE graduate biology program. Graduate biology students at SIUE benefit from a mentoring relationship with faculty members who advise them on course enrollment, development of the internship opportunity, and career plans. Graduate students are not left to the responsibility of others in the lab, but are guided directly by a faculty mentor. Our goal is to establish this relationship from the first day students arrive in our department. Our department faculty support a wide range of research interests ranging from cell and molecular biology to population ecology. Once students complete our program, they move on to biology-related jobs. Since 1988, 60% of our students have obtained positions in their field of study. The remaining 40% have enrolled in doctoral or other professional programs.
 

 

 

 

 

 

www.siue.edu/BIOLOGY/PSM
Contact: Dr. Vance McCracken

 
© 2004 SIU Board of Trustees
Last Update:
9/26/2011